Thursday, December 9, 2010

Vote for Me This Week!

 

Nuno-1

Flying Carpet

Vote for me this week! My fabric is in the Time Travel contest at Spoonflower December 9-16.

The Flying Carpet takes you wherever you want to go - the past, the future or just up the street. The process is fused wool fibers done in the wet felting process. When I first made this in my fiber art group, I was very disappointed with it. Then, I stood back to look at it and decided to upload it to Spoonflower as a fabric design. It became something entirely new, with a completely new feeling! It looks like an Oriental carpet!

As one very thoughtful admirer commented: This design has a marvelous fuzzy felted feeling about it. It makes you want to stroke its soft surface as you close your eyes and make a wish to be transported to another Time and Place!

Thank you in advance for voting.

 

And as a follow up on another fiber project, my quilt, Body and Soul, has taken on a new name for the month, Temporarily Santa Cruz, and is in the This is Santa Cruz show at the Santa Cruz Art League.

And The Artist? He’s in the show, too.

No comments: