Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot (It's All Relative)



Poppies



We're having a heat wave! Well, maybe not according to life in Phoenix, but along the California coast, it's very pleasant.



Mother's Day was very calm and relaxing. We visited friends in the mountains, then Mother of The Artist came for barbequed lamb and artichokes. (Artichokes are a specialty of the area. They like to grow in the usually abundant fog.) Mooshed strawberries and whipped cream parfait for dessert. Very luscious. Strawberries are another specialty of the area, shipped all over the country from our county. I'm still recovering from the excess. Mother of The Artist needed new "unmentionables" (as my father used to say), so I shopped later in the week. That's one of the duties of a good daughter-in law.


Cecile Brunner roses reflected in the double pane window

I promise this is my last photo of Cecile Brunner for the year, but it was too good to pass up. As I was going back inside after watering my tomatoes, beans and squash one morning, I caught this view. (I must have had my computer glasses on to see the closeup!) I loved it! The neighbor's palms and my lemons.

The Artist and I saw Yankee Doodle Dandy with James Cagney last night. What a great movie! I fell asleep during the cartoon.

No comments: